Our client, a Boston-based nonprofit, is looking for a Staff Accountant for its team.
The Assistant Staff Accountant provides financial and accounting support to the Foundation. Assists in ensuring accurate reporting and appropriate internal control procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Contributes to maintaining the integrity of the financial reporting system, assists in completing internal and external financial reporting requirements, performs routine accounting department functions, and works closely with other accounting staff.
JOB: Assistant Staff Accountant
SALARY RANGE: 58-60K
KEYS/MUSTS: 1-3 years general accounting…ap, ar, bank reconciliations, etc; MUST provide proof of covid vaccination
PREFERRED EXP: understanding of gaap accounting
MANAGEMENT INFO: reports to Director of Investment Accounting
- Provide assistance and support to Staff Accountants on spending policy, admin fees, program related investments, loan management and other related duties;
- Assists in reconciling bank account statements to general ledger balances on a monthly basis and prepares journal entries to resolve reconciling amounts;
- Assists in reconciling reports of other invested assets to general ledger on monthly basis and prepares journal entries to post activity;
- Assists in preparing account reconciliations, journal entry preparation as part of quarterly budget review and general ledger close as well as annual audit as necessary;
- Tracks quarterly investment manager statements and reconciles amounts reported internally to the amounts reported on the quarterly statements received from the investment managers;
- Inventories AUP’s (agreed-upon procedures), letters received from investment managers, as well as the nature and timing of the independent auditor report;
- Collects and tracks annual audited statements from investment managers;
- Provides backup to other staff in Finance office including processing of daily cash receipts, processing of new gifts (including stock transactions), administrative expense (A/P), and grants payable;
- Enters adjustments to postings of journal entries and invoice payments to correct accounts charged and descriptions entered;
- Loan tracking and monitoring, present journal entries when loan payments are received;
- Assists with the annual external audit, including assistance with preparation of work papers;
- Participates in Foundation-wide meetings, teams, and/or events as required, and perform other duties as assigned; and
- Strives for operational excellence throughout the Finance function.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as needed