Our client, a well known financial institution located northwest of Boston is looking for a Director of Accounting for its growing team. This position is hybrid eligible with competitive salary and benefits. The focus of this position will be to oversee controls, budgeting, reporting and own technical accounting. A CPA is preferred but not required.
- Oversee complex operational accounting functions relating to the general ledger and sub-systems
- Preparing monthly executive management reporting.
- Identifying and develop automation solutions to improve efficiency.
- Develop and maintain accounting information according to GAAP concerning income, expenses, assets, liabilities and capital as a basis for management planning and decision-making, and for fulfilling financial reporting requirements.
- Plans, develops, implements, directs and evaluates fiscal function and performance. Analyzes studies of general economic, business and financial conditions for use in making decisions relating to policies, operational goals, budgets, forecasts, investments and dividend rates
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to senior management
- Directs organizational budgeting process including assisting the Senior Leadership Team and supervisors with budget preparation, monitoring and updating.
- Oversees management of liquidity levels
- Manages third-party relationships of providers specific to Accounting and Finance.
- Maintains relationships with correspondent banks and other lenders; supervises renewals of borrowing lines.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s).
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience leading a financial institution accounting department is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications.