Position: Accounts Receivable Accountant (Full Time / Metrowest Boston)
Location: Metrowest Boston, MA
Our client is seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Accountant. The ideal candidate should have 2-3 years of direct accounting experience. Hybrid work schedule with 3 days in HQ office and 2 days working from home (after training is complete).
- Lead the monthly billing process by ensuring the timely and accurate invoicing of customers
- Establish relationships with key business partners & customers, and liaise directly with customers as the main billing contact for invoicing and collection activities
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Maintain an orderly up-to-date electronic filing system for all receivable transactions
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Support, and Account Management teams to understand customer relationships for timely collection efforts
- Prepare weekly A/R reporting for management review
- Perform financial transactions, posting, and recording account receivables’ data
- Assist Finance team and complete required GL recons for month end closing
- Assist in annual audit, compiling accounts receivable information as requested
- Receipt of checks and preparation of bank deposits as needed
- Assist Corporate Controller with credit reviews of customers and determine payment terms to minimize bad debt risk
- Review customer and supplier contract terms and conditions and implement processes to comply with various contract requirements
- Perform ongoing maintenance to the accounts receivable reporting tools and other financial systems
- Drive process improvements in the billing, collections, and AR functions
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by manager
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of direct accounting experience
- Challenging Careers: Work with industry-leading technology, alongside the smartest people, for some of the largest cities in the world.
- Great Work Environment: Open office space, dynamic culture, paid vacation & company holidays.
- Compensation & Benefits: Competitive compensation. Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life insurance coverage, plus 401(k) with company match.
- Opportunity to Give Back: Two paid volunteer days per year to spend out in the community with your organization of choice.
- Salary: 50-75K