Health Policy Research Center at the Mongan Institute
Massachusetts General Hospital/Partners HealthCare
The Health Promotion and Resiliency Intervention Research Program within the Health Policy Research Center at the Mongan Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital is seeking a part time (20 hours) Staff Assistant to provide administrative support. The candidate must demonstrate a strong work ethic. Exemplary Interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and oral and written communication skills are also required. We are seeking an individual for 20 hours per week. The hours may be flexible but must be during the regular workday. The position is partly on-site and partly remote with flexibility regarding schedule.
- Schedules meetings/functions/appointments, including meetings with multiple individuals who have complicated calendars and limited availability. Schedule conference rooms. Greet guests and meeting participants.
- Provides assistance and support with coordination of conference calls and meetings for health care leaders and executives. This includes meeting preparations, communication with attendees, preparing meeting materials, and staffing events. May involve taking notes at meetings for distribution to attendees.
- Arranges travel including air, ground and hotel and prepares expense reports to reimburse travel expenditures.
- Prepares and submits invoices, check requests, purchase orders, and employee reimbursements.
- Maintains the Health Policy Research Center website with faculty grant information, biographies, and Institute events. Includes gathering of information.
- Assists with preparation of PowerPoint presentations and Word manuscripts and presentation materials.
- Submits manuscripts to online journal review sites
- Organizes special events, including social events, for the department. Includes, but is not limited to, ordering food, setting up for events and taking down events at closing.
- Coordinates maintenance for office equipment and computers, including ordering office supplies.
- Maintains and handles confidential information
- Serves as a resource to new employees for general MGH policies and procedures
- Responds to and resolves a variety of administrative inquiries and issues
- Assists with mail – pick up /sorting/delivery, in collaboration with other administrative staff
- Provides cross coverage/support in collaboration with other administrative staff. Occasionally may require sitting at front desk to fill in for front desk Staff Assistant
- Serves as a resource for answering basic computer software questions (e.g., relating to WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Strong computer skills with PC’s, Excel, Word, Powerpoint required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required.
- Prior administrative experience required.
- BS/BA preferred
- Must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Mongan Institute Health Policy. Center
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Interest in health policy and public health.
- Excellent organizational, communication (oral and written), and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English language skills (grammar and spelling) are a must. Good telephone and in-person communication skills are also required.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well as a member of a team yet has ambition and drive to take on tasks independently. He/she must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, have strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Willingness to make a 2-year commitment
Please provide both resume and cover letter