Reports to the Director of FP&A and Assistant Controller. This role will partner with the Commercial Leadership team to provide value-added financial and decision support. This position is a critical role within the Finance team that will support various aspects of the finance function for the company. The ideal candidate will need to have excellent business partnering experience, solid financial modeling skills and a strong knowledge of the commercial operations within a pharmaceutical environment. The role requires this individual to direct all short-term and long-term financial planning activities for revenue and operating expenses. This person will be self-motivated, hands-on, detail oriented, be a strong communicator & have a passion for continuous improvement.
- Strategic Finance partner to Commercial organization providing financial leadership, guidance and insight.
- Build and manage all aspects of planning cycles for the Commercial organization (Annual Budget, Forecasts, and Long-Range Strategic Plan).
- Distribute and disseminate monthly reporting packages to Commercial business partners including variance to budget and latest forecast for both revenue and operating expenses.
- Identify risks/opportunities that drive financial results and effectively communicate to Finance and Commercial Leadership.
- Partner with Accounting and Commercial counterparts on all aspects of Revenue Reporting. Includes working with multiple data systems, reviewing sales orders to determine gross-to-net assumptions (government rebate programs, returns reserve and other adjustments to revenue).
- Collaborate with Commercial functional areas on key strategic areas including pricing dynamics and contract administration.
- Provide Financial Leadership on all commercial operating expenses. Partner and build relationships to adequately understand commercial initiatives that drive overall commercial plans. Be an active voice within the Commercial Leadership Team to constructively challenge investment and resource allocation as appropriate. Provide guidance on and quantify financial implications of business decisions.
- Perform monthly close activities for the commercial organization including
- Preparation of accrual and revenue related journal entries
- Develop and maintain applicable schedules for commercial activities
- Support Accounting and reconcile related balance sheet accounts
- Drive timely results to internal and external customers and partners
- Support Commercial Leadership team on evaluating new business opportunities and decision-making support.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team on S&OP process to ensure alignment of sales plan resulting in an uninterrupted supply.
- Identify and lead special projects and analysis that provide a strategic, financial, and analytical approach to decision making. Advocate for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Commercial Biotech/Pharmaceuticals industry experience a must. Commercial product launch experience preferred. Demonstrated experience with financial modeling, revenue reporting, pricing decision support and analysis, and product launch support.
- Minimum of 10-12 years budgeting, forecasting, analysis experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment – flexibility, team-oriented, collaborative work style and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams (i.e. commercial, PSC, Clinical, Regulatory Quality (CRQ)).
- Experience with ERP system is helpful; Netsuite preferred.
- Demonstrated self-starter with an ability to work independently.
- Deeply committed to accuracy and pride in attention to detail and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to contribute through open channels of communication and fostering collaborative relationships