Tourism Cares, a 501(c)(3) travel and tourism industry-based non-profit, is seeking a Marketing Manager to join their small and mighty remote-based team.
At Tourism Cares, we believe that travel is transformative – but that transformation shouldn’t just be for the travelers themselves. The real transformation happens when travel is used as a force for good, benefiting local communities in a positive social, environmental, and economic way.
The Marketing Manager is a creative, energic, detail-oriented individual who sits at the center of Tourism Cares’ marketing team to ensure that all projects are clearly defined, implemented, and measured in a thoughtful, timely manner. Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing + Communications, you will work closely with Tourism Cares’ development and programs teams to craft strategic messaging and visual creatives that amplify the impact work of Tourism Cares and motivate the travel community to invest in its programs.
You are a skilled communicator and collaborator that can build productive relationships with internal and external audiences to optimize Tourism Cares’ marketing campaigns and initiatives. You are a powerful storyteller that can help motivate the industry to make better choices through their businesses. You have a keen eye for visual and graphic design, a Canva “whiz” and are comfortable in Adobe Creative Suite. Most importantly, you are a proactive individual with a positive, can-do attitude and a deep passion to share Tourism Cares’ mission with the entire travel and tourism industry.
The Tourism Cares team is a small, scrappy, energetic group of people with a passion for the work. We keep each other accountable, cross departments to lend support during crunch times, and ensure work-life balance and mental health take precedent. It is very much a small non-profit, with egos left at the door, and decisions made through group brainstorming, conversation and collaboration.
If this sounds like an organization you’d like to be a part of, read on.
Details at a Glance
- Manage and execute Tourism Cares’ social media strategy that positions us as a thought leader in sustainable tourism with the goal of building our membership community and generating more engagement with our programming.
- Develop and maintain internal editorial calendar, including social media posts, blogs, emails, webinars, etc.
- Work with colleagues and external partners to develop original content for the “When Tourism Cares Blog.”
- Assist in maintaining the Tourism Cares website and create monthly metrics reports using Google Analytics.
- Create visual assets, such as banner ads, social media toolkits, digital graphics, etc.
- Manage email marketing program to maximize Tourism Cares communications and generate engagement with new and prospective members.
- Report on digital marketing progress quarterly using metrics and analytics to help guide decision-making and progress on KPIs.
Branding + Marketing Collateral
- Work closely with in-kind media partners to coordinate production calendar and the development of print and digital advertisements
- Assist with the design and development of programmatic and sales content, including brand messaging, tradeshow materials, presentations, annual reports, newsletters, brochures, sales kits and more.
- Help identify new marketing opportunities and media partnerships.
- Manage and organize Tourism Cares photo library and marketing assets.
- Attend industry-specific conferences as a representative of Tourism Cares (minimum of 1 per year).
- Research and assist in planning presence at annual trade shows – including market research, booth and collateral design.
- Create promotional materials for all Tourism Cares events to generate attendance and sponsorship.
Media & PR
- Assist with partner and media relations to grow brand image and attract new members.
- Develop press materials including press releases, media alerts and press kits when needed.
- Act as a liaison with onsite media during Tourism Cares events.
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of marketing/communications experience, preferably within the non-profit or travel & tourism industry. Preferred degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or other related field – OR – any combination of education, coursework and/or technical training necessary to meet the position requirements.
- Excellent communications skills with demonstrated experience writing for digital channels, including web, social and email; knowledge of AP Style guidelines preferred.
- Advanced skills in social media and web content management systems (WordPress, Wix, Drupal, SquareSpace).
- Experience working with e-mail distribution software, such as MailChimp, Constant Contact or HubSpot.
- Strong eye for visual design; knowledge of graphic design software such as Canva or Adobe Creative Suite is strongly preferred.
- Experience or familiarity with B2B marketing and communications, a plus.
- A problem solver who is committed to continuous improvement in a creative environment
- A self-starter that thrives working independently, takes initiative and manages deadlines.
- A passionate storyteller who can motivate, inspire and move through their words and design.
- Has a demonstrated commitment to philanthropic activities, sustainable/responsible tourism, and a belief that diverse staff, members and partners collectively produce greater results.
- Must have a great sense of humor and the desire to work in a fast-paced and execution-oriented organization.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter, including salary requirements, and at least one writing or design sample by Tuesday, August 22, 2023.
ONLY FULLY complete application email submissions will be considered.