Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
If You Get People, You’re Our People
Sure, there’s a whole science behind marketing. But behind that is real people. With needs and wants and quirks and dreams. And we need someone who gets people, who knows how to find our people. The creators, thinkers, and rebels who find themselves at home putting on some Converse. You’re the one that shows them we’re the same. You’re the connector.
At Converse, we believe that those independent enough not to follow will move the world forward. We’re a place to explore potential, break barriers and push the edges. A company that’s inspired by what came before us, but even more excited about what’s coming next – and somewhere YOU get to write the next chapter of a 100+ year old story.
We look for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination – with each person bringing their authentic selves to a challenging and constantly evolving world to push things forward.
Brand Energy is the art of finding the right collaborators at the right moment to partner with Converse in order to tell a new story. It’s about telling powerful and unexpected stories across the brand ecosystem, to inspire ad engage our audience while driving brand distinction and business impact.
Who we are looking forThe Senior Director, Global Brand Energy Marketing role is based at Converse Worldwide Headquarters in Boston, MA and reports directly to the Converse CMO.
You are an inspirational, innovative, and seasoned marketer with extensive experience in the brand collaborations and partnerships space. As our Energy Marketing lead, you will define and set the strategy for collaborations and licensing for the brand globally – pushing Converse to reach its creative potential, discovering new, innovative ways to connect with an increasingly disparate audience.
You are a strategic, lean towards creativity and yet are able to balance that with business insight, operational excellence, and product knowledge.
In this role you will lead and drive the vision and strategy for Global Energy Brand Marketing to ultimately drive heat, revenue, cultural connections, or the acquisition of new audiences through collaborations and licensing. You will identify, secure and develop relationships with innovative cultural leaders while building and implementing business plans that maximize the relationship between Converse & the partner.
Keeping the overall Energy Brand Marketing strategy in mind, you will craft business plans for the Global Catalyst portfolio by leading and driving discussions with category and functional partners as well as the Energy Marketing teams in each Geo/Region to define the opportunity, develop the overarching positioning, strategic intent, and other business-critical components for a successful partnership.
You will lead the business relationship for our collaborator projects as a key point of contact for our external partners. The ideal candidate will have a passion for our space and the consumer, be a team-first collaborator and have the capacity to lead multiple projects through a matrixed organization.
You will lead and develop an integrated brand plan inclusive of product cadence and distribution overview, key marketing moments at the intersection of cultural flashpoints. You’ll have a clear digital and social platform understanding (Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, etc.) and what creative and marketing will attract either a new audience or reengage an existing audience with Converse.
You’re consistently able to connect the dots in culture to find the common ground between a brand and its consumers.
What you will work onYou will play a pivotal leadership role in crafting the future voice and creative vision of the brand and collaboration and licensing partners across every consumer touchpoint, leading a team to bring innovative thinking whilst also galvanizing external partners to deliver well-crafted executions.
Innovative thinking, strategy, and tactical execution across the full Converse ecosystem (digital, social, retail, experiences, etc.) and media.
You will lead through influence a team of marketers, product developers, merchandisers, and operations leads encouraging and guiding their growth through considered and consistent feedback. Maintaining clear communication and planning with a focus on setting the team up for success.
- Lead the worldwide vision & long-term strategy for our Energy portfolio.
- Execute contract negotiations for the global Energy portfolio.
- Define develop & deliver strategic collaborations, in partnership with Product Merchandising & Design teams.
- Own partner relationships.
- Define & develop a collective vision for the future of storytelling, collaboration & engagement with cultural catalysts and communities.
- Decide existing & new energy partners for projects and long-term signings.
- Decide contract terms for energy partner portfolio.
- Decide energy positioning, strategy and marketing plans, including long-term brand arcs, objectives, consumer focus and launch strategy.
- Decide the budget allocation for Energy Brand Marketing.
- Decide talent development & moves for Energy Brand Marketing teams.
Who you will work withThe role reports directly to the Converse CMO and is a critical leadership role within the Converse global organization. You will also be a member of the Converse Global Marketing Leadership Team.
You’ll be partnering very closely with the Global Footwear, Global Apparel, Global Brand Management, Social, Digital Direct, Comms, Retail Marketplace, and Legal/Finance teams.
This role serves as the hub to our Energy network in all of the regions and will require strong partnership with our GEO Brand Energy teams.
- Minimum of 12+ years of marketing experience complemented with strategic brand partnership and licensing experience
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education, experience or training
- Deep experience in managing external collaborators and agencies
- Innovative storytelling across multiple categories with the ability to see a story where others don’t
- Experience in brand management and business development within the footwear industry
- Knowledge of product development process and go-to-market strategy
- Deep passion and knowledge of sport, fashion, design, pop culture and Converse
- Proven knowledge of today’s digital and social channels and new technologies
- Exposure to, and in-depth understanding of global consumer behavior
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence cross-functional teams.
- Excellent leadership skills that enable the team to flourish in your team with a strong ability to listen and empower your team
- Travel ~20%
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.