Our client is seeking an experienced attorney with 5 or more years of experience to join their legal team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing corporate governance support to the organization, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of contracts, as well as providing guidance on general insurance matters.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and collaborative team and will be provided with ongoing professional development opportunities to support their growth and success in this role.
Option for a 4 or 5-day work schedule
- Use board experience in corporate legal and governance matters to assist corporate secretary in Board related activities.
- Manage the corporate entity structure.
- Assist in preparation for Board meetings including drafting of agendas, necessary votes and corporate minutes.
- Assist in annual review of governance processes and Board assessments.
- Manage the annual meeting process, including the proxy solicitation of its members, vote tabulation, and other critical governance activities.
- Liaise with regulators and external auditors as necessary. Oversee regulatory filings related to corporate governance.
- Provide general corporate, transactional and commercial legal support.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts for a variety of business transactions, including sales, software licensing, purchasing, and leasing agreements.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on compliance matters related to insurance laws and regulations.
- Advise clients on general insurance matters, including coverage, claims, and underwriting.
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team to provide comprehensive legal support to the organization.
- Keep abreast of changes in laws and regulations relevant to the organization’s business and advise management accordingly.
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school.
- 5 or more years of experience with a reputable law firm, with a focus on corporate legal advice and contract drafting and negotiation, and/or in-house legal department experience.
- Work experience in insurance is desirable but not required.
- Strong analytical, research, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Admittance to practice law in Massachusetts.
A great work environment with work/life balance, flexible work arrangements, and competitive, industry-leading salaries and benefits packages.
Other perks include:
• On-site gym and fitness classes and one-on-one personal training
• On-site nurse, nutritional counseling, and mental health resources
• Full-service cafeterias
• Tuition assistance programs
• Opportunities to get involved: Activities Committee, Diversity and
Inclusion Council, and more
• A company committed to community: volunteer opportunities, employee-
led community efforts…
• Robust training, mentorship, and professional/personal development
• Colleagues who genuinely care about each other