Customer Success Manager
Reports To: Director of E-Commerce
Location: Boston, MA/Remote (for time being)
Salary: $50k – $60k
Customer Service Manager needed for rapidly growing, funded wellness tech company based in Boston.
The Customer Success Manager will own the entire customer support experience including responsibility for the oversight of multi-channel customer communications activities to ensure that customers have a fantastic experience before, during, and after a purchase.
This role presents a unique opportunity to continue to shape the experience of customers as they progress through the journey from first impressions to users and advocates. This role will build upon our existing customer support processes and software infrastructure to boost customer satisfaction.
We are looking for a bright, empathetic, and entrepreneurial individual with experience working with customers, building and optimizing processes, and most importantly, defining the overall customer support strategy. The Customer Success Manager will take on significant responsibility and will have the opportunity to play an instrumental role in the commercial success of our consumer health technology startup.
- Optimize and grow overall strategy and approach to Customer Success
- Build internal processes that support the Customer Success Strategy
- Manage the relationship and quality of customer support contracting partner
- Coordinate replies across email, social media, app stores, and all other channels, including positive and negative product reviews and escalations
- Train and manage customer support personnel on applying processes and customer voice in all communications on email, chat, phone, and SMS
- Forecast support demand and coverage needs in conjunction with our ongoing sales & marketing strategy
- Manage our portfolio of standard customer replies to frequently asked questions, as well as our online knowledge base, ensuring that the responses are high-quality, up-to-date, and reflective of the brand and voice
- Own the activities that underpin customer success, such as our 30-Day Money Back Guarantee program and our warranty program
- Report performance and insights about customer feedback about the product to members of the Senior Leadership team and the entire organization
- Diagnose systemic issues impacting customer success
- Drive toward reduced return rates and improved customer reviews
- Develop new channels for customer support based on market needs and company objectives
You must have:
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience
- Proven track record of customer success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to translate complex or technical concepts into user-friendly terms) and empathy for customers
- Experience managing contractors
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of customers and internal stakeholders
- Proven track record of project management and successful project implementations
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with ZenDesk and Shopify platforms
- Passion for design, problem-solving, user experience, and efficient processes
- Bias towards immediate action and results
- Hardworking, persistent, dependable, positive, and enthusiastic
- Direct experience in the consumer tech or wellness sector
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Willingness to “get the job done”
- Passion, creativity, and team play
Things you will get:
- The opportunity to make a transformative impact by leading in a rapidly growing wellness tech company
- A dynamic, exciting, and flexible work environment
- A caring team that values mutual respect and that includes three MIT co-founders, bright and thoughtful employees, and a small dog.
- Competitive compensation
Equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.