i.c.stars Development & Special Events Manager is responsible for individual giving and sponsorship revenue for the i.c.stars Chicago location as well as events, with the support of i.c.stars Managing Director.
*Manage vendors and logistics for all events, including vendor arrangements, A/V services, speakers, and registration.
* Provide support to committees and volunteers as needed for special events or other development activities.
* Contribute to the creation and implementation of a comprehensive communication plan, including writing and coordinating publication of newsletters, annual reports, brochures and other agency-related publications and printed materials.
* Identify and execute opportunities to enhance organization visibility through social media channels.
* Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.Event Sponsorship Sales & Account Management
* Grow corporate revenue through prospecting, and sustain current revenue through check in calls and ROI reports with the sponsors, employer and clients.
* Experience with CRM data management and report generation (salesforce preferred)
* Track and communicate all changes, non-renewal risk, and upsell opportunities for events sponsorship to meet growth goals.
*Secure increased and renewal gifts from an existing portfolio of donors with the expectation to move donors up the pipeline.
*Acquire new donors through peer to peer fundraising, volunteer activities and other channels
*Launch and manage a monthly giving program, and annual giving campaigns.
*Track donor movement, activities, financial projections, and information in Salesforce CRM and Constant Contact
*Works with team to execute year-round cultivation strategies to increase donor retention and total dollars raised
*Steward individual donors through personalized communication, recognition and engagement opportunities, including planning and executing events.
*Plan and execute digital, and eventually in person, events for donors and industry partners, including events that connect donors to alumni
*Develop digital communications to engage and acquire new donors across email, social media and other new channels
* Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of successful fundraising, event management, or non-profit experience, including special events logistics, creation of proposals, solicitation of in-kind donations and volunteer coordination.
* This is a small development department, and it is critical that the Events & Corporate Sponsorship Manager be willing to jump in, learn quickly and go the extra mile.
* This individual must be able to work well under pressure and have a demonstrated exceptional ability to pay attention to details.
* It’s important the right person has highly-developed writing, customer service and interpersonal/verbal communications.
* Website management is a plus, along with social media.
* Knowledge of business & management principles related to operations planning and resource allocation.
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
* Experience with Salesforce or similar donor databases a plus.
* Experience recruiting, training and managing a volunteer program is desirable.
* Flexibility in work hours, including some evening and weekend work.
* Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
* Highly proficient level computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google Apps
* Excellent listening skills and the ability to elicit client needs via telephone.
* Able to multi-task activities with shifting priorities.
The work context is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The majority of the work will be done in an office environment
* The job may require some travel in Chicago and nationally
* The position requires a 40 -60 hour/week commitment with flexibility to work additional night/ weekend hours in advance of quarterly events.
ORGANIZATION CULTURAL CONSIDERATIONS
i.c.stars|* emphasizes creating opportunities for others. It is the responsibility of the individual in this position to spread the infectious enthusiasm for the mission and vision of the organization to the community at large. The individual in this position will greatly enjoy the work and dedication required to create the community leaders of tomorrow.