Director of Finance – nonprofit, Greater Boston
The Director of Finance reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will work with the CEO and support the Marketing, Community Engagement, Development and Research teams through the Finance function. This position will also oversee HR administration, tax and other compliance activities for the organization. The Director of Finance will provide monthly financial reporting to the CEO and Chief Development Officer and quarterly/ad hoc reporting for Board meetings. The position will seek automation through software whenever possible and work closely with the rest of the Team on continuously improving the implemented Netsuite ERP (financials+CRM+project management) system. Applicants should oversee the financial controls.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE – OPEN POSITION
- Primary responsibility for financial accounting activities, including maintaining financial accounts, working with auditors to complete the annual independent audit, and the preparation of tax returns.
- Coordinate revenue accounting activities with Development Department, to support accurate recording of revenue and the generation of development reports and analytics;
- Oversee Human Resources administration, including preparing semi-monthly payroll runs; responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws governing payments to employees, payroll taxes, and retirement benefit programs;
- Responsible for compliance with all state regulations and filings (corporate, tax, fundraising solicitations)
- Manage financial aspects of employee benefit programs (health, dental, vision, HSA, 401K)
- Manage grant accounting and accounts payable function;
- Support CEO in the development of the annual budget and the preparation of financial reporting used in quarterly board meetings
- Develop and implement dashboards and KPIs to support leadership team to gain better visibility to fundraising and financial results;
- Support the further development of financial accounting, fundraising and clinical trial management systems;
- Oversee treasury operations: cash management, cashflow projections and proper custody of financial reserves; responsible for banking and other financial service relationships;
- Ensure proper financial controls are designed, implemented and coordinate with Board Finance committee so they are able to effectively exercise their fiduciary responsibility;
- Risk management:prepare insurance applications and coordinate with insurance broker to ensure we have proper coverages in place as the mission grows and evolves.
- Oversee part time Executive Assistant supporting Accounts Payables and HR and other compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in field of accounting;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) degree;
- Minimum 10 years accounting/finance role experience, including at least 3 years in accounting/finance for non-profit organizations
- Master Quickbooks and other accounting systems; prior knowledge of Netsuite and/or Sales Force is a plus;
- Experience and proven results closing books monthly and presenting to Board of Directors;
- Organized with strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated high integrity;
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented, and data-driven
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive