Personal Finance Content Manager
Health is the key to life, and life is better when we all strive to reach our full potential. That’s why
our mission at Physician Family Financial Advisors is to help our employees become better
versions of themselves while guiding physician families toward financial security.
That’s right: Our mission includes BOTH our team members AND our clients because taking
good care of our people is the first step in taking great care of those we serve.
For 20+ years, we’ve been turning worries about taxes, investments, and extra money into a
comfortable feeling of financial security for physician moms and doctor dads. We deliver honest
advice about buying a home, getting out of debt, investing for retirement, and saving for college.
At Physician Family, it’s all about progress, not products, because the only things we “sell” are
our knowledge, skills, and experience. We are financial planners who have a legal duty to act in
each client’s best interest, and the glue that keeps us together is our love for children.
Why are we hiring a Personal Finance Content Manager?
Our clients say they LOVE our service and they’ve told a few of their friends but word of mouth
only goes so far. We’ve tried over a dozen approaches to marketing and most of them have
Looking back, we realized we were usually doing the right things and even getting some decent
results, but we’ve never had a dedicated person for the job so things kinda fell apart every time.
And when we have hired agencies and contractors, their passing interest in our firm meant they
never really grasped our brand’s unique voice.
Sure, we’ve got a podcast and a decent ad spend, but we’re ready to go beyond traditional
advertising. We want to build an engaging platform where a “tribe” of families can see a vision of
financial security for themselves and begin to follow the hundreds of physician moms and doctor
dads who we have guided toward financial security over the past two decades.
What does a Personal Finance Content Manager do?
The Personal Finance Content Manager’s job is to attract prospective clients by developing and
executing strategies to promote our services to appropriate consumers. Using our proprietary
understanding of our target market—doctors with children—you will create content and oversee
outside creatives in an effort to build a platform and run campaigns to attract clients who are a
perfect fit for us.
- Mastering the Physician Family brand voice
- Listening for our target market’s hopes, fears, motivations and challenges
- Gathering, interpreting and reporting on data used to gauge the performance of our marketing efforts
- Writing, editing and proofreading text-based content, including newsletter articles, podcast episode descriptions, blog posts, web pages, social media posts, and ebooks
- Sourcing, editing and licensing graphic art for use in our marketing collateral
- Managing the production of audio and video content for our podcast, social media presence and online courses
Are you up to the challenge?
To be successful in this role:
- You MUST be an excellent writer who can grasp and embody our brand’s voice.
- You must be able to consistently produce quality work on a timely basis.
- You must be curious enough to ask and seek answers to the questions about what makes a marketing effort flop or fly.
- You must be able to craft narratives, spin yarns and bang out blog posts that can cause our target audience, experienced physicians with families, to believe the piece was created by a person who understands the challenges and issues they face professionally and personally
Here are the other minimum requirements:
- 5+ years experience in journalism
- Bachelors or higher degree with a focus on journalism or professional writing
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Proficient with inbound marketing applications
- Dedicated space to work, e.g., home office
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- Ability to work independently to produce deliverables and results for the firm
- Ability to regularly attend our mandatory weekly team huddle held Tuesdays at 9:00 AM Pacific via video conference
What’s in it for you?
Never Go into the Office Again
At our fully remote company, you can enjoy all the comforts of home.
We collaborate over Google Workspace, so work gets done no matter where you are.
Work Hard, Rest Easy
Our generous leave policy means you can be refreshed and relaxed when working with our team and our clients.
In Your Heart, Not in Your Face
Our introvert-friendly culture is excellent for quiet folks who like to get things done, but we know you still want to keep connected with your team, so we’ll cover the cost of getting together with one or several coworkers each year.
You… Only Better
Since part of our mission is to help you become a better version of yourself, we encourage training, learning, growth, and everything in between by reimbursing the cost of classes, certifications, and experiences that help you become more valuable to the firm.
Gear You’re Gonna Love
As a distributed team, we rely on the best technology so we will supply you with a shiny new
Mac, iPhone, and other stuff you’ll need to be productive in your remote office.
We’ve Got You Covered
Financial security isn’t just for doctors. It’s for our employees, too, so we offer employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for all full-time employees.
A Voice In The Process. A Stake In The Outcome
We practice open-book management, so you’ll have access to the information you need to
make your position and our company a better place for everyone. And when we win, we win TOGETHER in the form of a firm-wide discretionary bonus based on company profitability.
Show Me the Money
The base pay for this at-will position is $43.25 per hour part-time (~20 hours per week). You’ll also gain immediate access to a 401(k) with employer-paid contributions.
Want to join us?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If this sounds like your
dream role with your dream team, put your resume where your heart is and apply to join us at
How do I apply?
Please email your cover letter and resume along with your answers to the following questions to email@example.com.
- What software have you used recently? List applications that could help with the duties of this job. For example, “Google Docs, 2 years, daily” or “Kajabi, 6 months, weekly”.
- Give us a few links to your portfolio and/or your best-published work.
- We love team players. Write about your experience playing on a team (e.g., volleyball, MMORPG, competitive yoga, etc.).
- A physician posts a question to our Facebook Group, “Should I use my IRA to buy a car?” Write a humorous yet respectful reply explaining why that might not be such a great idea. Include any tax issues.
- Raising kids can be both miserable and hilarious. Pick one of these two extremes, then use a conversational style and the first person perspective to write a 5-7 sentence story involving a parent and child.