Human Resources Manager
An independent school for girls in grades 6-12, inspired by the teachings of the Catholic Church, Montrose School was founded in 1979 and is located on a 14.5 acre campus in downtown Medfield, 17 miles southwest of Boston. Montrose School attracts a talented and growing student population from 50 towns and communities.
Montrose seeks a part-time, twelve-month Human Resources Manager beginning July 2023. The Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for payroll and benefit administration, employee relations, overseeing human resources initiatives, and assisting with business office tasks. This position is 20 hours per week and reports to the Chief Finance & Operations Officer.
- Administer biweekly payroll process in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Coordinate the school’s benefit programs and open enrollment
- Manage employee personnel records, including system administration for HRIS and benefits portal
- Leave administration in compliance with state and federal laws
- Employee onboarding and offboarding
- Oversee all human resource initiatives including employee retention, safety and wellness, and employee relations
- Maintain job descriptions for all employees
- Maintain all personnel related policies for the school, including the Employee Handbook.
- Advise on best practices in recruiting, hiring, performance management and compensation
- Manage annual benefits audits for workers compensation and the 401K
- Complete annual benefits reporting & communication requirements
- Issue W2s and 1099’s at year-end
- Other tasks and projects in the business office as assigned by the CFOO
A compelling candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional Human Resources Certification (PHR) and/ or SHRM-CP preferred
- At least 3 years human resources experience required, preferably school HR experience
- Knowledge of applicable personnel laws and regulations and benefits administration
- Strong proficiency with technology including the ability to use Microsoft and Google products; experience with HRIS and benefits databases. (Experience with BambooHR/Trax payroll a plus.)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people at all levels of the school community
- Effective time-management skills with an ability to plan workflow, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and assume responsibility for completing projects
- Ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use good judgment and effective problem solving skills.
- Exceptional ability to maintain confidential and/or highly sensitive information
- Superior attention to detail, accurate/efficient data entry skills
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to https://montrose.bamboohr.com/careers/39. For more information about our wonderful school, visit https://www.montroseschool.org/.