IT Operations Manager
LOCATION: Boston/Hybrid (4 days/week in office)
The IT Operations Manager will be responsible for the tactical delivery of the organization’s end-user computing services. This process-minded, customer service-oriented individual should have a strong technical background with experience in demanding and fast-paced environments. The IT Operations Manager must have advanced knowledge in a variety of operating systems, hardware, applications, and both consumer and enterprise technical disciplines.
- Manage a team of five IT Operations Engineers responsible for the delivery of technical support to end-users in three domestic offices, with occasional support of international travel.
- Provide Tier II/III support on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, operating systems, applications, printers, networking, remote access, telephony, and A/V technologies.
- Ensure client satisfaction through the oversight of end-user services, including Help Desk ticket management, technical support escalations, and meetings and conference room technologies support.
- Monitor and report on operating metrics based on overall business objectives to ensure the integrity, reliability, security, and performance of information systems.
- Lead the setup and support of audio/video conferences, presentations, and general AV technology support (Zoom Rooms and MS Teams).
- Support the deployment, maintenance, upgrade, and tracking of client technology assets, including desktops, laptops, desk phones, mobile devices, printers, and other peripherals.
- Assist with maintaining the emergency notification system, Alert Media. Lead the communication effort to the firm during active technology/service outages.
- Work closely with the Executive Technology Manager to support corporate and consumer technologies to executives, executive family members, and executive residences.
- Perform tasks associated with adds/moves/changes and the relocation of all IT related assets during office/workspace moves.
- Contribute to the IT knowledgebase by adding new kb entries and refining entries made by others on the support staff.
- Provide a consistently high-quality customer service experience by upholding established service standards and implementing procedural enhancements.
- Promote professional development by engaging in informal knowledge transfer sessions, attending online & off-site training and conferences, participating in seminars and user groups, and reading industry publications.
- Complete all service requests in a timely manner, set customer expectations around resolution times, and follow-up to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the IT Infrastructure team to proactively identify and resolve problems affecting customer experience.
- Conduct weekly and monthly reporting from our ticketing system to identify coverage gaps, trending issues, and ensure team is meeting stated SLAs.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation (1x/month) and monitor on-call support services outside of normal working hours.
- Provide white-glove service to Executive staff.
Must have intermediate to advanced skills in:
- Windows 10, macOS, and iOS
- MS Office and Outlook 2016/2019
- ITSM/Ticketing Systems (Fresh Service a plus)
- Active Directory
- Azure AD Single Sign-On/MFA
- MS Office 365 Services
- MS Exchange Online (Mimecast a plus)
- MS SharePoint and OneDrive
- Mobile Device Management (MS Intune a plus)
- Remote Endpoint Management (Kaseya a plus).
- Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Cisco Telepresence
- General networking (LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, & Wireless)
- Printer management
- Remote Connectivity – MS RDS/VPN
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in IT customer service or related area.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasking, ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with limited direction.
- Proven track record of personal and professional growth and development.
- Availability for rotating on-call support services outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Some domestic travel required.
- Preferred Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST
- Highly self-motivated and directed with strong time-management capabilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation. Leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.