Learning & Development Specialist
Our client is hiring a Learning & Development Specialist to be responsible for curating and creating learning and development pathways for employee success within our learning management system; managing learning resources in support of a learning culture; and facilitating professional development workshops for teams and coaching as necessary
- Create, curate, and assess learning and development tracks for employees in our Learning Management System (LMS) to upskill, reskill, and develop new skills within their roles including microlearning options
- Partner with the L&D team to create visually appealing, engaging, and easily digestible content to reflect our branding.
- Design courses as well as develop resources and training guides for various levels of the employee journey and in support of a hybrid working environment
- In collaboration with HRIS, coordinate, and manage the registration, reporting and assessment process for online courses such as diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Partner with HRIS and talent teams to leverage the learning platform with managers and their teams
- Manage L&D vendors and internal stakeholders/subject matter experts for learning content creation and program implementation.
- Explore a variety of potential learning technologies that can be leveraged to drive learning impact.
- Uncover and recommend approaches to better engage and, in some cases, automate our L&D processes.
- Manage digital resources available for learning and promote to campus community to support our learning culture.
- Serve as a LMS resource to community to leverage and adopt the tool.
- Maintain the L&D section of the HR website that provides overview of practices and services.
- Provide coaching and organizational support as facilitator of general workshops such as conflict resolution, goal setting, communication, and others as needed.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of successful related experience
- Must have superior verbal and written communications skills , and the ability to break down complex topics to make them easier for others to understand and apply
- Must have experience creating, designing, and implementing learning and educational programs digitally and in person
- Must have working knowledge of a Learning Management System platform
- Must have strong research, technological, and organizational skills
- Must have experience facilitating and training employees at various levels
- Must have strong relationship building and collaboration skills to work with and influence team members and stakeholders Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse staff and faculty
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on commitments and meet deadlines
- Ability to leverage data for informed decision-making
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Must be highly independent ; take initiative; and challenges self to be and do one’s best
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change ; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Must have strong technological skills for Microsoft Office or Google products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as an overall high level of technological savviness