MCSW Clerk & Executive Assistant
Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Primary Location: Hybrid.1 Ashburton Place, Boston, MA
About this role:
The MCSW is a State-established body charged with reviewing the status of women in Massachusetts and offering recommendations regarding policy that would improve access to opportunities and equity.
The MCSW Clerk & Executive Assistant role provides administrative and governance support to the Commission in the preparation and maintenance of public records. This role is responsible for taking minutes of all regular and special meetings of the Commission and of the Executive Committee. They are also tasked with ensuring the Commission follows open meeting law, and maintaining of adequate records, files, and communications of the Commission.
MCSW is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
● High School Diploma
● Strong reading, writing, and presentation skills.
● Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
● Computer Skills in Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and online platforms such as Zoom.
● Exhibit effective cross-cultural communication skills ○ Bilingual preferred.
● Flexible schedule to attend evening commission meetings.
● Experience with Robert Rules of Order and Open Meeting Law preferred.
● Reliable transportation to attend in person events and meetings.
● Attention to detail.
● Strong planning, organization, and able to maintain accurate records.
● Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
● Effective communicator and active listener.
● Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
● Eagerness to fully commit to and demonstrate understanding of work related to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion.
● Demonstrated leadership abilities and personal characteristics for working effectively with a diverse body of stakeholders.
● Demonstrate initiative and perseverance when completing tasks
● Substantive knowledge and experience in the area of women’s advancement are preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- • Provide Administrative Support to MCSW Staff and Commissioners
- • Take minutes of all regular and special meetings of the Commission and of the Executive Committee and sends them to the Commission or Committee Secretary in a timely fashion.
- • Files and maintains all minutes and Commission business in accordance with open meeting law.
- • Manages the Commission’s calendar of events
- • Assist with preparations for meetings, hearings, special projects and events
- • Helps prepare, send out, and post meeting agendas and other related administrative tasks.
- • Organizes and manages historical records of the Commission in SharePoint or other identified filing mechanism.
- • Documents important tasks after meetings with Commissioners and External Partners
- • Assist in maintaining and updating Conflict of Interest, Open Meeting Law training and Appointment Documentation for State and Regional Commissioners
- • Assist in on-boarding of new commissioners.
- • Creates administrative reports requested by Commissioners or MCSW’s Directors
▪ Email cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Shaitia.Spruell@mass.gov
▪ Please include the following subject line: MCSW Clerk & Executive Assistant Applicant.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $50,000 to $60,000 – salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package and flexible. Remote-friendly position.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**MCSW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all employees and applicants for employment are afforded equal opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, retaliation, sexual
harassment, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, and any other legally protected characteristic.
***MCSW embraces and celebrates a spirit of inclusion and diversity, and reasonable accommodations and modifications will be made whenever possible.