$65,000 to $75,000 depending on experience
The Ellie Fund is seeking a full-time Business Manager to work in a small and flexible work environment. Position requires two in-office days within a hybrid office setting. The ideal candidate will have experience using Salesforce NPSP or another database system geared towards non-profit use. Comfort and confidence working across various business systems is essential.
The Business Manager position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing and overseeing areas of accounting, budgeting, fiscal management, and administrative operations of the Ellie Fund. The Business Manager will assist the Executive Director with other administrative areas as needed. Candidates must have excellent organizational skills, heightened attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines and communicate clearly. Must be flexible and adaptable to changing needs of a rapidly growing non-profit organization. Prior experience, of any length, in a non-profit environment is preferred.
Business Manager will be responsible for managing all financial, accounting and administrative functions for an active non-profit organization with ambitious strategic goals. General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform day to day financial and accounting operations through Quickbooks; record financial transactions, i.e., identify and post information and documents to Quickbooks such as invoices, cash receipts and vendor invoices; reconcile accounts to assure accuracy.
- Manage and monitor all accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure accuracy and they are paid and collected in a timely manner.
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements and ensure accuracy of general ledger.
- Track deposits and coordinate with development staff in tracking and monitoring of gifts, donations, foundation receipts and other revenue streams.
- Establish and maintain responsible cash flow management.
- Maintain and confirm weekly payroll, working with 3rd party payroll vendors.
- Manage QuickBooks database and maintain Salesforce income accounts which interface with QuickBooks.
- Prepare financial reports and analyze metrics to track and measure organizational performance
- Ensure compliance with federal and state tax reporting requirements.
- Assist with development, preparation and update of organizational budget in conjunction with Executive Director, Staff, Finance Committee/Board Treasurer
- Prepare materials for annual audit; interface with Auditors throughout audit process; prepare and submit 1099s; complete worker’s compensation audit; facilitate preparation of annual tax return.
- Support financial oversight activities of the Board of Directors/Finance Committee. Provide monthly financial reports for the Finance Committee and Board, attend Finance Committee meetings.
- Oversee administrative operations including oversight of facilities management and maintenance; act as primary contact with building management and vendors.
- Assist in other areas as deemed necessary by Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree: finance, business or accounting exposure preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience with bookkeeping, QuickBooks, Excel and budgeting.
- Salesforce or other CRM database experience and aptitude with data manipulation and management
- Adept at using Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Attention to detail with strong communication skills.
- Able to work independently, accurately and contribute to a collegial and cohesive team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone inquiries accepted.
- The Ellie Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of qualified candidates