Join the awesome team at our TechStars-backed SaaS solutions platform company,
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Principal Software Engineer who will work directly with our CTO to help build new features and assist with building the overall architecture for our product. Our engineering team is highly independent, and we are looking for somebody who feels comfortable building out large features that touch every part of the stack and working directly with product/design or customers.
Some aspects of our product will be open-sourced so it’s a great opportunity to also contribute to a public codebase that will be used by external developers and communities. We have workstreams that focus on groundbreaking video/audio technologies, large-scale embeddable UI components, enterprise-grade API endpoints and security. You have the ability to influence a product from its beginning and scale our solution to millions of active users.
As a Principal Software Engineer:
- You’ll write clean, maintainable code with enterprise quality engineering including design reviews, tests, code reviews, documentation, end-to-end automation and deployment – we strive to keep a high-quality engineering across our products and are proud to show it to open-source communities.
- You’ll collaborate with product and design on building new features and capabilities for our product
- You’ll contribute to the overall architecture, design, and development of our infrastructure as our company grows
- You’ll manage and communicate software project schedules
- You’ll build and developing processes to continuously improve engineering performance and quality
Why should you join our Team?
- This role is the first in the function here. You’ll have a significant impact on the evolving world of live, digital experiences.
- We offer competitive salaries and equity packages. You grow as the company grows.
- You’ll get 25 paid vacation days per year – we believe time off is crucial to your overall happiness and wellbeing.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2019 and we know what it means to develop and support permanently remote, global team.
- In addition to a top-of-the-line work laptop, you’ll get a great home office set-up or a coworking membership in your city.
- The team’s wellbeing is a top priority, and you’ll receive a monthly stipend for mental wellness programs.
- We love to have fun (like virtual escape rooms and margarita workshops!).
- We’ll support your professional growth–from sending you to events that interest you, or exposing you to areas of the business you want to explore.
Skills you’ll absolutely need
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in software and/or product development
- Experience designing and directing complex architectures that span multiple technologies and software layers
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability to make progress in the face of it
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
- Good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in a cloud provider (AWS/Azure)
- Deep experience with React, Node.js, Typescript and MongoDB
- Experience working in a product development team (Product Managers / Engineers)
Bonus Points if you…
- Have an engineering background in video processing, encoding/decoding and WebRTC
- Love animals. (It’s likely that our CHOs, Chief Happiness Officers – Sky and Harley – will be sitting in on your interview.)
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our form to upload your resume.