Hours: Full-time (4-days, 32 hours/week)
Salary: $50,000-$58,000/Grant Track Position
Benefits: Medical, dental, sick days, holidays, generous paid leave, retirement plan
Supervisor: Director Network Engagement, Soil & Climate Alliance
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for positive change. Our unique approach involves working with consumers, investors, and businesses to create a world that works for all. We deploy marketplace solutions to solve the most pressing social and environmental problems facing society today.
The Center for Sustainability Solutions builds on Green America’s work over the years, where we have brought together industry groups across supply chains to create major shifts in such areas as solar, banking and investing, sustainable agriculture and fair labor. The Center supports Innovation Networks, focused multi-stakeholder working groups with the objective of making significant, industry-wide system change.
The Center for Sustainability Solutions currently houses three active Innovation Networks:
- Soil & Climate Alliance
- Clean Electronics Production Network
- Climate Safe Lending
The Program Manager will work on the Soil & Climate Alliance team, focusing on the programs of this network, which includes the Soil Carbon Initiative (SCI).
The Soil & Climate Alliance focuses on working with the food and agriculture supply chain in North America to shift 90% of the acres in production to regenerative practices to rebuild soil health, sequester carbon, and ensure farm profitability.
The Soil Carbon Initiative (SCI) is one of the major programs of the Soil & Climate Alliance. This outcomes-based, scientific, agricultural standard is designed to help farmers and supply chains measure improvements in soil health and soil carbon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Communications & Research
- Develop and execute, in collaboration with the SCA team, the communications plan as it relates to both the overall trajectory of the Network as well as individual plans for meetings and events.
- Create Social Media presence for SCA on the platform to best engage with both existing Network members as well as to engage with potential new members, including monitoring existing social media channels, i.e. Linked In, Twitter, Instagram, Extension University List Serves, for relevant content, events, and contacts within the Regenerative Ag space.
- Customize, draft, and design materials as needed for external events, conferences, and Network announcements.
- Perform website administration for SCA and SCI the various websites (public and unlinked).
Meeting & Event Development
- In collaboration with Director, Network Engagement and SCI Director develop, plan, and execute special events to fill knowledge and expertise gaps necessary to evolve programs within SCA and SCI. This will include special stakeholder meetings and roundtables for SCA and SCI.
- Identify potential speakers for SCA meetings and develop their presentations to address the evolving needs of the Network.
- Lead the development, production, and promotion of Webinars for participants. These are highly valuable benefits of participation and serve as prospecting tools for the networks. Maintain high level of professional production and high participant satisfaction.
- Create all relevant materials for meeting materials and event website.
- Create reports and videos from SCA and SCI roundtables for stakeholders and the general public.
- Provide quick turnaround research as needed to support SCA and SCI.
Participate in Cross-Departmental Teams
- Participate in Green America staff meetings and processes and other duties as required.
- Participate in Green America Cross Departmental Teams: The success of our organizational work includes the voluntary participation of staff members from all levels of the organization in cross-departmental teams addressing a range of issues to strengthen our impact and planning, as time and other work commitments allow.
Qualified Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- 5+ years of experience in communications, marketing, website and event/conference management in the NGO and/or corporate communications environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with experience managing several projects simultaneously.
- A passion for and strong knowledge of environmental sustainability, and/or sustainable agriculture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrates a high degree of adaptability to work on a rapidly growing team.
- Creative approach to problem-solving.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample focusing on event collateral/press releases/brief sharing of key information to email@example.com.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status (including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is strictly prohibited.