Senior Associate, Impact Finance Operations
Boston, MA, DC, or Austin, TX
Our client, a national impact finance and advisory nonprofit is looking to hire a Senior Associate.
Reporting to the Controller, this position will be required to manage the day-to-day accounting, financial and operational management of the portfolio of impact investing subsidiaries and affiliates.
This position will be required to manage the day-to-day accounting, financial and operational management of the portfolio of impact investing subsidiaries and affiliates. Representative responsibilities may include:
- Conduct transaction execution, cash reconciliations, month and quarter end reporting.
- Quarter end close – support completion of the quarter-end close procedures including:
- Review quarter-end balance sheet reconciliation schedules for balance sheet accounts
- Review quarterly financial statements
- Prepare quarter-end financial reports and analyses
- Prepare investor capital account statements
- Assist in managing the review of investor tax reporting (Limited Partner K1s and Form 1099 Int)
- Oversee and act as the main point of contact for third party administrators:
- Direct custodian and fund administrators in their management of the trial balance and financial reporting; act as the main point of contact for new entity setup.
- Manage the audit deliverable timelines and the requests for audit support
- Supervise the semi-annual valuation of Level 3 securities by a valuation consultant and the fair value pricing models
- Support Impact Investing project teams in development and management of impact investing entities.
- Report on ongoing operations of impact investing entities; manage any issues, responses and follow ups.
- Support the Impact Investing treasury function through overseeing capital calls and calculation of investor distribution amounts
- Support the Investor Relations function through distribution of quarterly reporting to all funders; responding to investor follow-up inquiries; and investor close support (review subscription agreements, calculate capital call and expense equalizations).
- Support management of stand-alone audits
- Liaise with Impact Investing project teams to maintain liquidity forecasts.
Finance Team Support:
- Assist the Corporate Accounting Team with interrelated impact investing finance work as needed
- Document accounting processes and procedures to demonstrate GAAP compliance.
- Participate as active team member in growing Finance Team to achieve all finance department goals.
- Participate in specific impact investing projects as needed
- Support execution of internal controls and provide ongoing input to improve processes and create greater efficiencies.
- Required experience:
- Accounting, Finance or related Business Management degree or equivalent
- 4 plus years of experience in audit (focused on financial services clients), corporate or investment management accounting
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and internal controls
- Preferred experience:
- Advanced accounting degree (CPA or MSA)
- Tax reporting experience with K1 filings
- Fund management/accounting experience with alternative investments/hedge funds
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, as well as oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a demanding environment while demonstrating a track record of high performance; high level of independence and motivation
- Proactive individual with an excellent ability to meet deadlines and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to adapt and be flexible
- Commitment to enhancing a team culture of inclusion, belonging and equity
- Vaccinated against Covid 19, including receiving booster shots.
- The following is not required, but would be considered as a plus for your candidacy:
Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software or similar
98,000 plus bonus and yearly annual salary adjustment $2500