Senior Leadership & Development Specialist
Our client is hiring a Senior Leadership & Development Specialist responsible for curating and creating both in person and virtual learning and organizational development programs in alignment with HR and College strategy; performing management and development coaching; and administrating the performance management and learning management system in Workday.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine individual, departmental, and institutional learning and development needs; and strategize, problem solve, design, and implement appropriate activities or interventions.
- Create and curate learning modules on management and professional skills including diversity, equity, and inclusion; and manage the learning registration process.
- Execute the Manager Essentials program to support new manager development and collaborate with the Director in facilitating Leadership development experiences for employee growth and progression.
- Collect and analyze feedback on continuous learning activities on a college wide basis to identify programs to rerun, alter, or create from scratch.
- Plan and execute community wide event programming to foster a Learning campus.
- Partner with other learning providers across campus to maintain one learning calendar and on demand learning resource library.
- Assess current state of learning and adoption of key skills and tools across campus.
- Complete needs analysis and evaluation of vendors and training programs as needed.
- Benchmark best-practice employee learning systems/processes externally.
- Maintain the L&D section of the HR website that provides overview of practices and services.
- Continuously improve all programs and offerings based on participant feedback and best practices.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Supervises: N/A Education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 8-10 years of successful related experience
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to break down complex topics to make them easier for others to understand and apply
- Expert presentation and facilitation skills for in person, virtual, or hybrid environments
- Superior trust building, coaching and listening skills, and the ability to protect confidences, when appropriate
- Strong technological skills for Microsoft Office or Google products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as an overall high level of technological savviness
- Must have knowledge of various assessments with the ability to debrief with individuals or groups
- Learning management platform implementation and management experience
- Excellent creative problem solving, objectivity, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse staff and faculty
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on commitments and meet deadlines
- Motivated, independent learner with a passion for learning and OD topics
- Keeps up-to-date with information and trends relevant to the role, the organization, and in the industry
- Works independently to solve problems; looks for opportunities to take on responsibility; takes thoughtful risks; and effectively acts on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results
- Anticipates and effectively handles change; demonstrates willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions
- Embraces ideas and changes created by all community members; seeks and appreciates constructive thoughts, ideas, and feedback from others
- Effectively handles multiple tasks and priorities
- Highly independent; takes initiative; and challenges self to be and do one’s best
Skills & Abilities:
- Workday Learning Management experience a plus
- Certification from ICF or other credible source preferred
- Instructional design experience a plus
- Certifications such as coaching, Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument, Myers-Briggs, Clifton Strengths, DISC etc. strongly preferred