About the Role
Our client is searching for a passionate, bold UX/UI Designer with a history of shipping beautiful digital products to customers. You will define the company’s product design language on their Virtual/Hybrid Stages, Networking Hub, Chat+, and other live engagement modules. You’ll play an instrumental role in the evolving product strategy.
The position is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a startup at the cutting-edge of live video technologies while having a seat at the table of executive decisions as we scale. We’ve taken a non-traditional path to success and we’re looking for someone with the grit and flexibility to join the team.
Please submit a deck or portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process from exploratory stages through execution. If your portfolio site requires a password, please provide us with it in your application or on your resume. Thank you!
As a UX/UI Designer:
- You’ll work collaboratively with the Product & Engineering teams to execute on our product roadmap.
- You’ll build prototypes, deliver polished screens, and oversee their pixel-perfect execution all the way to production.
- You’ll develop and maintain the design system that ties all of our product experiences together to both ensure a consistently intuitive user experience and an efficient development process for engineers.
- You’ll contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of our products.
- You’ll be the voice in the room that always puts the user first—constantly looking for ways to accomplish business objectives through experiences that are delightful and meaningful for real people.
Who are you?
- You’re adaptable. You thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments that require you to wear many hats and think on your feet.
- You’re detail oriented. You have a keen eye for the small things and a passion for beautiful and functional design.
- You get s*** done. You will be asked to roll up your sleeves and join the team on the ground floor, documenting how we work, setting up processes, identifying our weaknesses and thereafter proactively leading by example.
Why should you join the Team?
- This role is the first in the function here. You’ll have a significant impact on the evolving world of live, digital experiences.
- We offer competitive salaries and equity packages. You grow as the company grows.
- You’ll get 25 paid vacation days per year – we believe time off is crucial to your overall happiness and wellbeing.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2019 and we know what it means to develop and support a permanently remote, global team.
- In addition to a top-of-the-line work laptop, you’ll get a great home office set-up or a coworking membership in your city.
- We love to have fun (like virtual escape rooms and margarita workshops!).
- We’ll support your professional growth–from sending you to events that interest you, or exposing you to areas of the business you want to explore.
Skills you’ll absolutely need
- 3+ years of design experience, working on production applications with real-world users
- Experience collaborating with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Proven understanding of the end-to-end design process, including research, prototyping, usability testing
- Experience building and maintaining a reusable design system
- Strong visual and typographic sensibility
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
Bonus Points if you have…
- Experience with branding design or graphic/social media asset creation
- Love animals. (It’s likely that our CHOs, Chief Happiness Officers – Sky and Harley – will be sitting in on your interview.)