Our client, a food manufacturing company, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their in-house team. The role can be full or part time, in house, with flexible hours. Strong knowledge of GAAP as well as both public private accounting experience preferred.
This position is a detail-oriented Staff Accountant role to assist the finance department in all areas and maintenance of corporate and financial records in accordance with policies established for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee General Accounting areas with focus on targeting costing of inventory, fixed assets, cost & expense analyses
- Confer with suppliers of commodities and work with purchasing for optimal inventory planning purposes and cash forecasting purposes; work with CFO margin analysis.
- Assist in reconciling and preparing support for GL accounts; balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies; Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Revise the reserve for obsolete inventory as needed; working with inventory groups and QA teams
- Expense account review and analysis
- Create and upload journal entries
- Key contributor to the ongoing development, standardization and improvement of internal processes and policies for the department and company
- Month end closings, annual Audits and any other ad-hoc analysis and duties to support F&A Department
- Learn and expand abilities of ERP application; assist in bringing and upgrading technological applications in department i.e., MS teams, one drive, dashboards, data extracts etc.
- Special projects as necessary
Qualification & Requirements
- 3+ years of proven accounting/finance experience, BA/BS degree, as well as excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Problem Solver
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, standing costing, close procedures (general ledger, month-end closing, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of GAAP; public private mix would be great!
- Highly detailed, motivated and strong sense of urgency, organized and energetic team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ease
- Excellent MS Office skills, including vlookups and pivot tables etc.; Microsoft Navision Experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to work independently