Our client is hiring a staff engineer for its mission-driven, cutting-edge organization.
The Staff Engineer is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the equipment that is on-site and also responsible for inspecting and testing deployed units to make sure that they properly work and meet safety regulations. Other responsibilities are directing sub-contractors or workers on site, conducting research, monitoring activities at the assigned area, and doing quality control work and resolving onsite malfunctions following standards. Creates detailed reports of the area to ensure that all requirements are being met. Responsibilities include logging issues and design work for product commercialization and system improvement.
As a highly motivated individual with very good organization, technical, and communication skills, you will work with a team of professionals to deliver superior service. The “ideal” candidate will come from an engineering background, be self-motivated, and bring technical expertise that can be built upon after learning more about the company’s core business.
Examples of Duties
- Work collaboratively with the R&D team to innovate, develop, test, and analyze various electrochemical configurations from concept to manufacturing.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with the Operations and Engineering team by providing updates and progress during all phases of projects.
- Communicate with clients to determine needs and explain complex issues.
- Supervise all project activities and ensure compliance with design & and specifications, identify any design discrepancies with field installation, and ensure the optimal working of installation personnel.
- Manage and maintain accurate field notes maintenance notes, maintain the flow of technical information and prepare comprehensive assessment reports for systems.
- Oversee the working of all installation personnel and inspect all materials and assist in resolving all installation and startup processes and recommend improvement to all construction activities and ensure compliance to specifications and schedule and prepare progress reports.
- Prepare all project documents schedules, ensure compliance with all health and safety policies, and participate in evaluation of systems and environmental health and safety training for other site/field personnel.
- Resolve all customer questions within the required timeframe and provide assistance to all customers and monitor all proactive activities and installations of equipment.
- Work with other Engineers to perform field testing of products and systems on first-run items and provide assistance to troubleshoot and solve issues with field installations.
- Identify failure points and provide feedback to the Engineering team on the product performance
- Initially, travel may be up to 40% as part of the critical pilot team and installation team.
- Understand and follow the company employee handbook and mandated safety policies.
Perform various duties of a routine to complex nature following acceptable standards of quality and performance, requires independent judgment in determining methods of completion and carrying out assignments
Supervision received: Works under the technical direction of the Engineering Manager/ Director of Engineering and the supervision of the COO or their designee.
Supervision is given: Provides direction and guidance to the other staff and external partners, assisting them in completing their assigned work.
Education, Training, and Experience
Engineering degree (MEng or EE) or equivalent. 2 to 5 years of engineering experience. Well-versed in technical aspects of field projects, including machinery. Additional skills for this position are attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, a can-do attitude, analytical skills, and strong problem-solving ability. Ability to work in adverse weather, travel on weekends if needed, and occasional overtime. Desired but not required OSHA 30-hour construction/general certification with specific experience in Understanding of safety guidelines and working in confined spaces.
Regularly required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear; operate objects, tools, or controls; pick up paper and small office objects. Ability to view computer screens and work with details for extended periods of time. Work to be performed in a lab environment or industrial setting; therefore, proper safety protocols must be followed.
Hybrid with occasional periods requiring 4 days/week in office in Mansfield, MA. There is occasional travel as needed.