Our client, a private equity form, is hiring a Tax Manager.
The Tax Manager will be a key member of the growing Tax Team. Experience in partnership tax is required, with particular knowledge of alternative investments. The Tax Manager must be able to coordinate and manage several projects at the same time.
- Review and sign off tax workpapers and tax returns for funds, GP and Co-Invest entities
- Review and sign off state risk analysis workpaper prepared by CPA firms
- Assist with review and sign off portfolio company partnership tax returns
- Review and sign off quarterly and annual tax estimate workpapers for funds, GP and Co-Invest entities
- Oversee and manage outsourced CPA team
- Update and monitor project tracker
- Collect and review documentation to support tax return filings
- Analyze legal documents such as operating agreements to determine tax implications of contributions, distributions, tax allocations, and other reporting items
- Respond to investor questions on tax reporting
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- 5-8 years of partnership tax, with blend of Big 4 and industry experience
- CPA required
- Knowledge of individual, corporate, foreign tax reporting and/or state tax helpful
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, attentive to detail, and proven ability to multi-task
This is a hybrid role, 3 days/week in the office.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.