Our client, an investment management firm with offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, is seeking a FT Tax Manager in its Boston office.
The Tax Manager will be a key member of the growing Tax Team. Experience in partnership tax is required, with particular knowledge of alternative investments. The Tax Manager must be able to coordinate and manage several projects at the same time. This position will be the main contact for tax compliance across the Private Equity and Private Debt business lines.
- Review and sign off tax workpapers and tax returns for GP and Co-Invest entities
- Assist with review and sign off portfolio company partnership tax returns
- Review and sign off quarterly and annual tax estimate workpapers for GP and Co-Invest entities
- Oversee and manage outsourced CPA team on portfolio company tax compliance
- Update and monitor project tracker
- Collect and review documentation to support tax return filings
- Analyze legal documents such as operating agreements to determine tax implications of contributions, distributions, tax allocations, and other reporting items
- Respond to investor questions on tax reporting
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- 5-6 years of partnership tax, with blend of Big 4 and industry experience
- Knowledge of individual, corporate, and/or state tax helpful
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, attentive to detail, and proven ability to multi-task