Technical Architect – Cyber
About IQT and The Cyber Practice:
In-Q-Tel is the not-for-profit organization created to bridge the gap between the technology needs of the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC) and emerging commercial innovation. We invest in early-stage venture-backed startups developing technologies that provide ready-soon innovation vital to the IC mission. Our team is proud to take a influential role in shaping the technology landscape and product trajectory of several notable companies forging a partnership in making a significant impact on both our Partner and commercial communities. Among our publicly disclosed investments are ArcSight, FireEye, Cylance, Phantom Cyber, Anomali, Reversing Labs, Tenable, Veracode and Sonatype.
Does this describe you?:
You are someone who isn’t afraid to live at the edge of technology innovation and wants to play a pivotal role in shaping the future. You are someone who brings technical depth but mixes that deftly with the ability to create and execute on a vision for the future, inspiring customers, companies, and other venture capital investors along for the journey. You have an opinion, but also listen deeply. You want to be the kind of person that people want to know, and they will always want to hear what you have to say. You have a knack for understanding the market segmentation across technology startup landscape, you absorb knowledge quickly, and you build well-formed perspectives based on your foundational knowledge of technology trends, customer needs, and the art of the possible. You aren’t afraid to take a risk, but you also care about making the right choices.
If you think you have these skills, and this job sounds interesting, please continue reading.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be joining IQT’s team of in-house subject matter experts responsible for aligning emergent technologies against critical mission needs, rigorously validating technical claims, and providing the thought-leadership necessary to drive technological change. You will maintain a pulse on the cyber community, tracking emerging trends and how they may impact the commercial landscape. You will be a trusted advisor to early-stage venture-backed companies still within their formative years helping to shape their commercial trajectory. You will be an unbiased technology advocate framing creative solutions mapped to the complex and unique impediments facing our Partners.
You will be in a position of immense privilege with unequalled access to brightest minds within the innovative startup community providing critical advisory services to senior U.S. Government leadership shaping the future of technology and its impact on the Intelligence Community and the World.
You won’t always be the expert however your ability to absorb new concepts and questioning the status quo will be valued above all else.
The Practice you will joining:
We are a growing team of self-motivated security practitioners working within a critical domain encumbered by misunderstanding, misrepresentation, and an abundance of technically nuanced solutions with no shortage of the technical equivalent of ‘snake-oil’. Understanding and articulating the delta between the practical and impractical that productively moves the needle for our Partners is a much needed skill. Vetting technology solutions in this Practice often means rolling up your sleeves, dropping prototype technology into OpenStack, and throwing modern attacks at or in front of the capability. We are each one-part practitioner, one-part prognosticator, and one-part integrator/developer entrenched with a healthy skepticism and cautious optimism for technology.
We are seeking individuals with diverse perspectives to help round out our team who have operational or engineering experience with one or more of the follow areas:
• Intrusion Investigation and Response
• Threat Intelligence/Fusion Analysis
• Cryptography, Data Protection and Isolation
• Forensics, Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
• Identity Management and Authentication
• Penetration Testing and Exploit Development
• Network Operations as Related to Cyber Security
We are seeking candidates with an interest in exploring new emerging technologies:
• Behavioral Anomaly Detection
• Network Traffic Analysis
• Embedded Systems (IoT/OT) Security
• Next-Generation Endpoint Security and Incident Response/Recovery
• Security Operations Optimization
• Secure Software Development (DevSecOps)
• Software Defined Infrastructure Security (Cloud, Containers, SDN)
• Commercial Deception for Detection and Attribution
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
• 4 years of practical experience in the Cyber Security industry or equivalent.
• Familiarity with modern Operating System level protection and bypass techniques.
• Understanding of secure software development primitives, vulnerability classes, and common exploitation techniques and mitigations.
• Ability to decompose complex problems including identifying root cause issues, generating a concise summary of perspectives, and presenting recommendations to non-technical audiences.
• A track record of achievement, with demonstrable capacity to excel in a fast-paced yet collegial environment.
• Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Start-up or entrepreneurial experience and proven ability to thrive in at a fast paced, agile environment.
• Professional services, consulting, management, operational, and/or mission experience a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.