VP, Talent Strategy
Reports To: SVP, People & Culture
Location: New York City, NY; San Fran, CA; Remote
Leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled health care. A proprietary platform connects individuals with highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Clinical best practices are leveraged across all services to ensure individuals are getting the care they need. Our outcomes-focused care is proven to improve depression and anxiety by over 50% on average, as demonstrated in several peer-reviewed studies. For patients with high-cost medical conditions, our clinically-tailored treatment is proven to reduce medical costs with care that empowers the patient to address their health needs.
We are looking for a VP, Talent Strategies to develop a data driven talent acquisition and retention strategy to deliver on business and talent needs. This includes process excellence, leveraging appropriate technologies, and applying industry best practices to lead the talent function. This individual will be accountable for the entire talent management process, from hiring and through their employment lifecycle, across all functions including corporate, tech, clinical, and operations to name a few. The VP will lead by example by providing data backed insights to the business, and delivering high quality candidates while advancing the employment brand across numerous markets and professional communities. This leader will also advance our efforts to realize a diverse, equitable, and inclusive (DEI) workplace. This includes developing and implementing strategies that advance organizational change, foster a positive and inclusive work environment for everyone, and ensure that DEI considerations are incorporated in the decision-making processes. As a key member of the HR leadership team, this individual will contribute to the overall HR strategy and build a high-performing team.
- Partner with the business to create, steer, and continually evolve a talent acquisition strategy that anticipates the needs of the business
- Own the relationship with our largest vendor partner that supports network recruiting
- Make decisions, build strategies, and manage teams using analytical tools to improve operations
- Create an overall talent management strategy that continues to develop and retain talent
- Own the performance review process and leadership development strategy, including creation of new programs
- Leverage technology to develop staffing strategies for a growing company, paying close attention to trends
- Deploy innovative sourcing and candidate engagement tactics enabled by technology to attract hard to find and diverse candidates
- Develop and execute a strategy to attract diverse talent, including target metrics
- Identify the talent systems and processes that will enable the development of diverse talent
- Own D,E&I initiatives including Employee Resource Groups
- Think beyond the status quo, question how things might be different, and develop creative ideas for alternatives. Take risks to drive change and innovation and inspire the team to do the same
- Leverage market and internal compensation data to set appropriate hiring ranges for all roles
- Drive strategy that executes a flawless candidate experience through programs, processes, and people
- Develop and nurture talent pipelines for positions that are regularly in demand in order to shorten time-to-fill and attract amazing talent
- Develop successful candidate profiles for multi-incumbent roles to enhance and automate the selection process
- Report on market conditions, considerations, and impacts to the broader leadership team
- Introduce best in class recruiting programs and processes to facilitate faster, higher-quality hiring
- Manage recruiting budget focusing on reducing cost to fill, automating where possible, and optimizing existing technology to limit expenses
- Reduce reliance on third party recruiting vendors
- Develop and execute a strategy to engage hiring managers in continuously improving our recruiting, interviewing, and hiring practices. This includes leader training to upskill leaders that are hiring for the first time
- Own candidate marketing including the development of supporting collateral and social media platforms
- Must have the ability to travel on an as needed basis, 5-10% of the time – once safe to do-so (post COVID)
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 12+ years’ of HR experience
- 10+ years’ of Talent Acquisition
- 5+ years’ focused on Talent Management
- 4+ years’ vendor management experience
- Experience recruiting for operational, technical and clinical roles
- Diverse experience owning processes in several talent focused areas; sourcing, recruiting, interviewing techniques, maintaining a budget, implementing new TA technology and building relationships with business partners
- Understanding of all selection methods and techniques.
- Passion and proven expertise implementing D&I approaches to talent
- Able to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate their effectiveness.
Who You Are:
- A dynamic professional with the ability to inspire confidence in senior leadership and all stakeholders with whom she/he/they will interact. Must have executive presence.
- Thrives in a team environment
- Passionate about building relationships and continuously improving
- Sees change as an opportunity
- Ability to understand the details in order to set the strategy
- BS Required
- Advanced degree preferred